Saturday 28 June 2014

Afterwards I Knew by Christine Farenhorst #ChristianFocus

With the centenary of World War 1 there has been a lot of renewed interest in books on the war.  Here is a short review I wrote back in 2010 when this particular book first came out...

I enjoyed this book. A collection of short stories, fictional but based around historical events and facts, they are gripping and each carry a subtle spiritual message. Often the stories finish abruptly or on a cliffhanger leaving you to contemplate what might have been and leading you to reflect on the underlying spiritual implications. The book is aimed at 13+yr olds - I think I come into that category!
Afterwards I Knew: Short Stories from the First and Second World Wars by Christine Farenhorst, published by Christian Focus Publications, £5.99.
Lorna

No comments: