Thursday 29 March 2007

Birthday Treat

It was my birthday yesterday. Don't ask how old. When I told Matt he kindly commented 'that's old' with GREAT emphasis! We had a customer in looking at Wilberforce books and it got us going on the Wilberforce theme -one thing led to another and we decided to go and see the film 'Amazing Grace' (a sort of 'birthday treat'!). For those of you that don't know, 'Amazing Grace' tells the story of William Wilberforce and his battle with the British establishment in bringing about the abolition of the slave trade. It has certainly given me further appetite for reading about both Wilberforce and also John Newton. Wilberforce was influenced by the ministry of John Newton and was supported by him in his fight against slavery. I will be taking a copy of 'Out of the Depths' (the autobiography of John Newton) home. I'll let you know how I get on with it...
Lorna
p.s. yes the film was worth seeing -birthday or no birthday!

No comments: