Friday 2 March 2007

Time Management

Friday night. I emerged from a mad day in the shop gripping this book determined that if I can't control the pace at least I can learn how to be reconciled to it. It's no testimony if you flog yourself doing Christian work, then go home and flog the kids (metaphorically speaking!) Elisabeth Elliot has a lot of wise words to impart in this compilation of her articles, but what caught my eye was this:
'I think I find most help in trying to look on all the interruptions and hindrances to work that one has planned out for oneself as discipline, trials sent by God to help one against getting selfish over one's work.'
That's a healthy perspective! It's actually a quote from Annie Keary (1825-1879). I wonder who she was?
Jeremy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was once given an audio taped copy of a talk by Elisabeth Elliot with the same title as this book. Your review has served as a timely reminder. (If only you knew the week I had last week!)

Me thinks I better make time to read this book. You can look forward to an order coming your way soon!

PS I am not a professional blogger-this is a first for me! Like your site!